Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Alycia...where have you been?

So I have missed Random Thought Tuesday and I haven't been blogging lately? What's the deal you ask? I have been LAZY!!! Yes it is true! Okay so here's what we've been up to. Over a week ago when my mom was down, we all met my dad in Cascade for camping! Yay! Ella's first camping trip, being able to relax by a fire, smores...mmmm...smores and just all around being able to spend some time with family. Dare to dream I suppose. And here's how it really went. Trailor park...trailors too close. Us in a tent right next to the poop shoot of the neighbors (smelled it once or twice and it was enough to kill) us not having a fire pit and not getting one the first night...downright LAME! Ella not sleeping and crying both nights. Saturday we had the train ride and it was interesting as well! It was so hot and Ella was so crabby (go figure...not getting any sleep) and on the way back to the little train station Tyler, Ella and I fell asleep. Finally some sleep just not at the right time. Then on our way back to the camp (it was about an hour drive) Ella was screaming in her car seat! My dad felt so bad but I made him keep driving, she just wanted out of her car seat and that was all there was to it. Second night....Ella crying and around 3 I asked Tyler to give her a blessing. The second after he gave her the blessing she was back to her normal self, the happiest baby ever! She was giggly and all smiles and we were finally able to get some sleep. I am so thankful for the power of the Priesthood and the many wonderful things it has done for our family. The last day we were there we figured out some of the problems, Ella, not trying to crawl, couldn't get any of her energy out during the day because we were always holding her! Put all the bad stuff aside and we actually did have a good time. It was nice to see my parents and to see what camping with Ella would be like. No more camping trips this summer have been planned.

Since then we haven't been getting much sleep either. Her schedule has been so off and she's been waking up quite frequently during the night. Monday I finally took her into the Dr because its been so bad. She cries all the time and has to be held constantly. Which means that I can't get anything else done and even when I was holding her, sometimes she would still be crabby. Ahh what an unpleasant time! So while we were waiting for the Dr I put Ella up on the padded table there have in the room and she started crawling across the table to get the coloring books and crayons on the other side! I was like..what the...!?!? Sweet! Ella crawls and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen! I got in trouble with the Dr while I was there...he asked me if I was still nursing her at night and I kinda put my head down and said yeahhhhh...I know that by this age she doesn't need to be nursed at night but at night I don't care about those things, I just want to get her back to bed so I can get back to bed too! Nursing would get her back to sleep or she would just cry! And the Dr said LET HER CRY ALYCIA!!! She doesn't need it and now she's getting on a pattern of waking up a few times at night and what we want is for her to sleep through the night! Okay okay, I hear ya loud and clear Doc. I also got the 'Told ya so' from Tyler. I just hate hearing her cry, breaks my heart and I'm just not good at it! She's been going to bed around 7 or 8 these past few nights when she cries I let her cry it out and go back to sleep. Its actually not too bad and she doesn't cry for that long. So hopefully we are getting back on schedule and maybe one of these nights I'll actually score 8 hours of sleep in a row? Maybe? Please? She's been a lot happier the past few days too and I know she loves the comfort of home. And she's a crib baby! She loves her crib and what she knows! I love watching her crawl all over the place, except for when she crawls over to our dvd player and starts touching all of the buttons. I love each phase that she goes through although I wish they wouldn't pass us by so fast. Tyler asked me the other day if I was loving being a mom and I do. Being a wife and a mother is the one thing I have always been so sure of in my life. I received a lot of critisism when I was 18 and getting married instead of going to college but 5 and a half years later I still stand by my decision!

Okay so since I didn't do my Random Thought Tuesday, here's a couple of thoughts....

Why is it that there are a million people who work at Walmart but when you need help you can't find any of them, and when you do find someone, they can't help you find what you need???

What good are mosqitos for other than to irritate people???

I think that Tyler should go on a game show or something! We were watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire last night and they had showed a clip of a guy who was on there who one $2 Million dollars and Tyler knew the answer!! He is so smart and knows so many random things about everything that I know he'd do great on a show like that!

Alright Ella is taking a nap and its time for me to take a bath and read. I've been loving reading the Harry Potter books!

2 comments:

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

Changing a kids environment such as going camping never set well for my kiddos either. It stinks when they are fussy. I remember Baylee be so fussy one day and Darin was gone and I felt totally helpless because I couldn't call anyone and out of the blue my sister that has 5 kids came to see me and helped me out what a lifesaver she was. It turned out that Baylee was just extremely gassy. I always feed Baylee during the night and Bryson too, but he was a really good sleeper so it didn't happen often. It's a good idea to let them cry it out. Darin is a softy when it comes to that and always gets them. He can't stand to hear them cry and has to do something about it.

Jackson Family said...

I heard about your camping adventures from your mom, it's hard to travel with kids sometimes. We are taking the girls to glacier national park over labor day weekend so we'll see how our trip goes!!!! wish us luck!