Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

So this last Saturday Tyler and I kept it pretty low key for the day! One year ago we were on the beach in Coeur d'Alene with my family and I was 13 weeks pregnant with just a little bump! Fast forward a year and we have our daughter Ella and she's 6 months old! This year we enjoyed a beautiful day and then barbaqued in the evening. Since Ella's bedtime is between 8 and 9 we opted to stay in and light some sparklers. I LOVE sparklers! Its a funny story because when I went to the stand I thought I was only buying 5 sparklers and ended up with 5 boxes of sparklers, I think there was 6 in each. Around 8 we put Ella to bed and then just hung out until it got dark. Then we broke out the sparklers and had so much fun with them! The pictures aren't the best of quality but they turned out pretty cool! We are so blessed as a country to have the freedom that we do!

4 comments:

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

Sparklers are always so much fun, but I see that Tyler is bare foot and I never had a very happy ending when I was bare with sparklers. I always ended up stepping on the burnt out ones and the night was done. It's always nice to keep it low key sometimes.

Taylor said...

WAY to much fun with the sparklers! Looks like you had fun. We totally played with sparklers with the kids too and they had fun.

Suzi Q said...

I love sparklers too! We didn't get any this year but we were in Cd'a with the fab fire works so who needs them there? In boise.... The fire works aren't nearly as good. You make me want a house real bad... oh and by the way I uploaded all those pics just by pressing the pic button filling out 5 at a time...it took me like an hour. But it was worth it.

Amanda Jean said...

You two look like you had a blast. way to go!a