Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wow, where have I been?

Wow I really haven't put any new posts up in a really long time! So many things have happened since then too. I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day and it was an amazing day! We went to church and then afterwards Ella and I came home. Tyler had a meeting for the Young Men's and so we came home and waited for him. Then after an hour he still wasn't home and I was starving! When he got home he came in with flowers, a singing card and the Twilight movie! It was so sweet. Cole came over and we went up to Lucky Peak and had a picnic. It was such a beautiful day and the weather was perfect! Thanks honey for an amazing first Mother's Day! My mom came down a couple weeks ago too and we had a really fun weekend! We got Ella's ears pierced and it was so sad to hear her scream and cry from it but she got over it pretty quick and she looks adorable with her pierced ears! I wanted to get them down while she was a baby because I can keep her ears cleaned so they don't get infected and she won't remember the pain of getting them pierced. Actually I don't think it hurts that bad but I got mine done when I was 9 months old and my mom kept them clean for me and they never have been infected! My mom's visit was a short one but it was so nice to have her down. I miss her a lot and now having a daughter of my own I feel like I understand her a little better. Well this is all for now but I will post more later!



When my mom was down a couple weeks ago or so she took this picture of us after church!

We got Ella's ears pierced and yes she screamed! It broke my heart but she calmed down after a few minutes and hasn't touched her ears or anything. They are so cute!


Getting things started



Up at Lucky Peak for my Mother's Day Picnic


Flowers from Tyler :)




3 comments:

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

Sounds like a good mother's day. I remember your mom thinking that you might of known that she was planing on coming to see you because you caught her talking to Tyler and she thought you would figure she was coming down. She should me tons of pictures from visiting. Sounds like you guys had tons of fun.

Unknown said...

I am glad you had a great Mother's day and birthday! Just think next year you are closer to 30:) I had another friend post the same subject line so I thought it was funny that people haven't updated due to NICE weather! Are we going to see you guys 4th of July?? If not I am sure you guys will road trip it up here soon!! Still waiting for a picture of Ella in her dress!!

Tara C. said...

Ella looks so adorable with her ears pierced! If I had a girl I'd pierce her ears too!